Straight to Residence pathway officially launched on September 5, 2022. This category has become the preferred option for fast-tracking immigration to New Zealand. In light of this, IEF has diligently analyzed the occupations listed on the Green List and carefully selected the best study and immigration package options, hoping to assist everyone in their journey to immigrate to New Zealand.
Immigration New Zealand has outlined the following criteria for meeting the English proficiency requirement:
- IELTS score of 6.5, or PTE score of 58.
- Study and obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in one of the following six countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Recognizing that English exams can be challenging for many individuals, an alternative pathway could involve coming to New Zealand directly to pursue language studies combined with professional courses. You may opt to enroll in a language certificate program, and upon successful completion of the language certificate course (Level 4), you can then proceed directly to further studies or other pathways.
So, what are the courses suitable for fast-track immigration?
The positions on the Green List are mainly distributed among five major categories: construction, engineering, medicine, food science, and IT. Due to the various restrictions and requirements for different occupations, we have compiled the following courses that meet the Green List criteria for your reference:
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- Bachelor of Surveying
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology (with a major in Network Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering)
- Bachelor of Food Technology with Honors (specializing in Food Product Technology) or (Food Process Engineering)
In addition to the mentioned courses, a Graduate Diploma in Quantity Surveying also meets the requirements of the Green List. However, an IELTS score of 6.5 is still required to meet the immigration requirement.
Based on your background, IEF can tailor the most suitable study plan for you. If you are interested, feel free to add our customer service on WeChat and get in touch with us!
The complete Green List of occupations can be queried by clicking on this link