Family Reunion Category
Once you have resided in New Zealand or you are a New Zealand citizen, you may want your partner or other family members that reside outside New Zealand to come join you in New Zealand.
- Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa
- Dependent Child Resident Visa
- Parent Resident Visa
- Parent Retirement Resident Visa
- Your spouse is a New Zealand resident (citizen)
- Your spouse has not guaranteed other immigrants in the past 5 years
- Your spouse has never guaranteed more than 2 successful immigrants in the past
- Your spouse does not have any domestic violence history
- The relationship between you and your relationship is real and stable.
- Both of you live together for more than 12 months (Note: You can apply for a work permit first if you don’t have enough time for 12 months, but you must meet the 12-month requirement for immigration)
Dependent Child Resident Visa Criteria
- Your parents is citizens or residents of New Zealand
- you must:
- Single and meet health and character requirements
- aged 17 or younger
- 18-24 years old, single with no child(ren)
Note: If you are 21 to 24 years old, totally or substantially reliant on an adult (whether their parent or not) for financial support, whether they live with them or not.
Parent Retirement Resident Visa Criteria
- be the parent of an adult child whose primary place of established residence is New Zealand and is a New Zealand citizen or a residence class visa holder not subject to conditions under section 49 of the Immigration Act 2009; and
- have no dependent children; and
- nominate funds and/or assets equivalent in value to at least NZ$1 million and undertake to invest them in New Zealand for a period of four years; and
- demonstrate ownership of these funds and/or assets and that they have been legally earned or acquired; and
- transfer and place the funds in an acceptable investment in accordance with the instructions; and
- nominate NZ$0.5 million of settlement funds and demonstrate ownership of these funds and/or assets; and
- demonstrate an annual income of at least NZ$60,000; and
- meet health and character requirements.