Objective of the Entrepreneur Resident Visa
The objective of this category is to contribute to economic growth by enabling experienced business people to grow or establish a high growth and innovative business with export potential in New Zealand.
Criteria for approving Entrepreneur Work Visa Application
- Meet a minimum of 120 points; and
- Provide a business plan specific to the proposed business; and
- Has sufficient business experience relevant to their business proposal; and
- Can establish a high growth and innovative business in New Zealand with export potential that benefits New Zealand; and
- Meet a minimum capital investment of $100,000; and
- Provide maintenance and accommodation for the period of the Entrepreneur Work Visa for themselves and any partner or dependent child/ren who will accompany them to New Zealand; and
- Provide evidence that the nominated funds and/or assets were earned or acquired legally; and
- Has not been involved in bankruptcy or business failure within the 5 years preceding the date their application was made; and
- Has not been involved in business fraud or financial impropriety; and
- Meet IELTS 4.0; and
- Meet health and character requirements.
Advantages of Entrepreneur Work Visa
- Fast processing time, 6-9 months
- Shorter investment period (2 years only)
- Enjoy welfare benefits when becoming resident
- Low investment requirement (only NZD 100,000)
- Obtaining New Zealand permanent residence provides a person with the right to remain living indefinitely in New Zealand without any residence requirement for renewing the permit.